On Sunday January 22nd, my mom kind of jokingly said that maybe I was pregnant. When I got home that night, doubting it would be positive. I was SHOCKED when I saw the second line come up immediately, so I took a digital which was also positive. Miss Evie was the first to know that she was going to be a big sister, as a mommy never gets to pee alone. I immediately called Maria, because I realized that this meant that we were probably due with in days of each other. She screamed, alerting Matthew to the news, without even telling him. Ben got home from church about 10 minutes later, and I told him. He was as shocked as I was. I tried to call my mom, but she was at a church event, and did not answer any of my five calls. She called me back about 30 minutes later and I told her that she was going to be having two new grandbabies this fall. She was very excited, and surprised.
The following weekend was Evie's birthday party, so I wanted to be able to tell my Grandma and Aunt Rhonda in person. Maria made Evie a "Big Sister" shirt to match her cousins. Friday night, we went over to see Uncle Mark, so I had Ev wear her shirt. It took him a little while to figure it out, because Evie had her sweatshirt on, which was covering some of the letters. When we got home, Mom took Evie downstairs so Rob could see her shirt. After reading it, he asked us why we didn't tell him., we informed him that was the point of the shirt. He said no, that we made him read it. Kyle and Dominique got home late that night after Evie was in bed, but she was having a hard time sleeping, so I had Ben grab her and put her shirt on. Dominique knew something was up, because Mom kept bugging me to get Evie up. She was very excited and took Ev downstairs to see Kyle. Kyle was the quickest of the brothers to get it, and kind of screamed like a girl. Saturday morning before the party, after Evie's nap, we put both the girls in their shirts and brought them downstairs to see my grandma, aunt Rhonda and aunt Deb. It took everyone a second. Mom ended up grabbing each girl separately and standing them on the table in front of my grandma and read their shirts. I guess you could say Grandma's a little excited.
Baby #2 is due September 25th!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment